Nursery Rhyme Theme Pack No 2
5 Audio Single Song Packs – Nursery Rhyme Theme Pack No 2
Hickory Dickory Dock
Jack And Jill
Ring A Ring A Rosy
The Grand Old Duke Of York
Each of the 5 packs contains the following:
mp3 song downloads
- Vocal mp3
- Instrumental mp3
- Instrumental with melody mp3
- Lyric Sheet PDF
- Colored Poster PDF
- Coloring Sheet PDF
- Sheet Music PDF
Nursery Rhyme Theme Pack No 2 includes the following Five Digital Download Audio Single Song Packs:-
- Hickory Dickory Dock: a popular English Nursery Rhyme and great song for students to experience the beat in a 6/8 time signature. Melodically, the tones used in the melody of this song are: d r m f s l t d.’ The melodic line goes up at the beginning and down at the end.
- Jack And Jill: a great song for children to feel and perform the beat in 6/8 time. This song has a range of over an octave, using the tones d r m f s l d’ r’ m’. Younger children love to act out the song. One group can sing the song whilst another group/pair does the acting of the lyrics.
- Ring A Ring A Rosy: another great song for children to feel and perform the beat in 6/8 time. Also, in order to play the circle game, children have to learn how to skip to the beat, in a circle, holding hands. This version of the song uses the tones d r m f s l, which is a good range of notes for children.
- Starlight, Starbright: a great song for teaching “ta” (crotchet beat) and “ti-ti” (2 quavers) and is often included as a core song in the first year of formal music education classes. It’s simplicity is perfect for young children to learn these basic rhythms. The melody uses only two tones – “so” and “mi” which are the first two solfa names children learn in the popular Kodaly system of music education. This is the other reason it is often included in the Early Education music curriculum.
- The Grand Old Duke Of York: an English children’s nursery rhyme, often performed as an action song. (Source: Wikipedia)
There are different versions of the melody. Many begin with the anacrusis “Oh the Grand…”This version is simplified by simply starting the song with “The Grand…”I have also simplified the melodic line, to make it more suitable for young children.
If you like Nursery Rhyme Theme Pack No 2, please leave a review in the Reviews section, right next to the Description tab above. It would be greatly appreciated!
For a more detailed information about each
Audio Single Song Pack in
Nursery Rhyme Theme Pack No 2,
follow the links below: